ASN is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for ASN in dealing with privacy considerations and sets out our commitment to and compliance with privacy law in the country of Australia.
ASN collects and administers a range of personal information for its primary function. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
ASN recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways in which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies. ASN remain open to communication and upon receiving requests pertaining to individual personal information, ASN will require the requester to provide identification.
ASN are bound by Victorian Privacy Laws, the Information Privacy Act 2000, as well as other laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling personal information. ASN has adopted the respective Privacy Principles contained in the Victorian Privacy Laws as minimum standards in relation to the handling of personal information.
In broad terms, this means that ASN:
- Collects only information which the organisation requires for its primary function/s;
- Ensures that stakeholders are informed as to why collection of personal information is required and how ASN administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary function/s or for, a directly related purpose, another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
ASN will adhere to the Procedures outlined below:
Collection of Information
- Only collect information that is necessary for the performance and primary function/s of ASN.
- Notify stakeholders about why we collect the information and how it is administered.
- Notify stakeholders that this information is accessible to them.
Use and Disclosure
- Only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose.
- For other uses we will obtain consent from the affected person.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the information collected is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and relevant to the function/s we perform.
Data Security and Retention
- Safeguard the information collected and store against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification.
- Make this information freely available in relevant publications and on our website.
Access and Correction
- Ensure individuals have a right to seek access to information held about them and to correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
- Give stakeholders the option of not identifying themselves when completing evaluation forms or opinion surveys.
Making information available to other service providers
- Can only release personal information about a person with that person’s expressed permission. For personal information to be released, the person concerned must sign a release form.
- Can release information to third parties where it is directly requested, in writing, by the person concerned.
ASN’s Managing Director is responsible for adopting this policy.
ASN’s Managing Director and all staff members, contractors and volunteers are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
Access Solutions national Pty Ltd (ASN)
Dale Sheppard – Director
19 June 2019